With three days left for groups to signal draftees, agreements proceed to trickle in. Right here’s the newest notable information on that entrance:
- The Rays have agreed to phrases with first-round choice Xavier Isaac. Jim Callis of MLB.com stories (on Twitter) he’ll obtain a $2.5489MM bonus that matches the choose’s slot worth. The lefty-hitting excessive schooler is one thing of a sleeper goal for Tampa Bay, as he’d positioned simply 92nd on the pre-draft rating at Baseball America. A 6’4″ prep first baseman from North Carolina, Isaac has enormous energy potential, though BA suggests his hit software has confirmed a bit extra divisive. The Rays are clearly assured Isaac’s a adequate hitter to clear the excessive bar related to the place, paying him first-round cash to forego a dedication to the College of Florida.
- The Giants are in settlement with their first-rounder, as Callis stories they’ve come to phrases with Reggie Crawford on a $2.2975MM deal (Twitter link). That’s a contact beneath the $2.49MM slot worth that accompanies the #30 total choose. Crawford is among the extra intriguing gamers within the class. A primary baseman for a lot of his early time on the College of Connecticut, the left-hander made simply 14 pitching appearances between 2020-21. He ran his fastball into the upper-90s and confirmed a plus slider throughout his restricted mound work, however a Tommy John surgical procedure dashed the Huskies’ possibilities of getting him into the rotation this spring. Callis notes that Crawford, who has massive uncooked energy upside as a hitter, is more likely to each pitch and hit throughout his early minor league profession. Baseball America, which positioned him because the #59 prospect within the class, suggests he’s extra highly-regarded as a pitcher than as a primary baseman.
- The Cubs agreed to phrases with second-round choose Jackson Ferris on an overslot $3.005MM bonus, Callis stories (Twitter link). The slot worth for the #47 choose was round $1.67MM. It’s a typical overslot deal for a highschool pitcher whom some evaluators considered as a first-round expertise. The left-hander runs his fastball into the mid-90s, and each BA and Callis reward his curveball and changeup. Baseball America expressed some issues about his supply and management, however he owns a powerful sufficient repertoire the Cubs will purchase him out of a dedication to Ole Miss.
- The Brewers have additionally gone properly overslot within the second spherical, with Callis reporting (on Twitter) they’ve agreed to a $2.35MM bonus for Jacob Misiorowski. The slot worth related to the #63 choice checks in at $1.1MM. Misiorowski, a right-hander from Crowder junior school in Missouri, had been set to attend LSU subsequent yr. He checked in 67th within the class based on BA, with a fastball that typically clocks triple-digits and a potential plus slider. The 6’7″ hurler has questions on his management and the standard of his third pitch, however Milwaukee is clearly intrigued by his high-powered prime two choices.
- The Pink Sox additionally went properly above slot on a mid-round participant, as Callis stories they’ve agreed to a $2.5MM bonus with supplemental 2nd-rounder Roman Anthony (Twitter link). The 79th choice comes with a slot worth of $820.4K. Anthony, a 6’3″ prep outfielder out of Florida, is credited by each Callis and BA with massive left-handed energy projection. He has some swing-and-miss issues and BA suggests he’s more likely to transfer to the nook outfield in professional ball. An Ole Miss commit, Anthony was BA’s #72 prospect.